Thursday, April 22, 2010

I thought it'd be a good thing to have a place to update people about what is going on with me during this journey and to just have a record for myself. So... welcome!

So far this week I have signed all the consents and permission forms for the stem cell transplant. There are a lot of side effects they want to make sure they scare you about and then there are all the what ifs that can go wrong. I also have a calendar that is up to date.
Tuesday we all went to caregiver class. Learned all about what a transplant is, some things to expect and lots of rules we need to follow. the foods I can and can't have are very specific... nothing homemade from someone else, well cooked meats, no buffets, take out salads or deli foods, just super, super careful. I can have limited visitors for a week or so before they kill my immune system, no flowers or plants and no animals.
On Friday I start getting the neupogen shots to boost my cell production. Monday the 26th I get a new line placed in my chest and a mozobil shot then Tuesday the 27th I start collecting stem cells!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the first shot today! I'll be thinking of ya!

    ReplyDelete