Friday, April 23, 2010

Ouch!

Just got home from getting my first neupogen shots, those things hurt! The neupogen boosts cell production and I'll get it for 4 days in a row so I'll have lots of good cells that they can collect to be able to transplant back into me. My dose requires 2 shots, one in each arm. I did stop of at Johnson's Corner for breakfast, I figured a biscuit with gravy is just the thing to give those new cells some strength and stamina.

I guess I see this as an actual forward step in all this. Everything up to now has been prep and testing, but these shots are the starting line. The doc's had their meeting to go over everyones cases today and they all agree we are on the right course of treatment and good to go. So Monday I get a line put into my chest and Tuesday we collect stem cells! I am hopeful they get enough so I don't have to stay another day.

The best part of the day so far.... I found a giant metal chicken! and bought it!! For some reason I love metal yard art, chickens most of all. I saw a really neat rooster downtown Loveland and the store said they order them all the time and it's not a problem to hold onto it for me until I get home in June.

1 comment:

  1. Oh shit, I 'bout peed meself about the giant metal chicken!
    And here I am whining about ONE Neulasta shot. You are the Bombdiggity, Deb. Stay strong- somehow we'll get thru all this. Love you!

    ReplyDelete