Monday, April 26, 2010

Well... we are in Denver now. Bryan and I drove around yesterday finding restaurants and grocery stores. Our hotel is right across the street from a super target so that is nice for anything we might need or forget. It looks like we'll be staying here for the month of transplant.... it's a Staybridge suites so we have a little living room and a tiny kitchen. Nothing too fancy but at least we have maid service and clean towels.

So today has been super eventful!
Started off with the neupogen shots, two of them, and then they decided they needed more blood. Then we headed to the hospital for the central venous catheter. That required and iv in my hand since they already drew blood at the dr's office, That hurt, still hurts and even the band aid they put on is too sticky and I can't pull it off. Had an amazing group of nurses for the surgery so I did feel I was is good hands. They took out the port and stuck in the cvc..... both sides of my chest ache and are tender. To top off the evening it's back to the dr for another shot which biggest side effect is diaherria. That kicked in right away, thank goodness for immodium! Tomorrow it's off to the hospital at 6:30 to stem cell collection...... go cells go!!! That will be about a 5 hour event and I hope we get enough at one time otherwise I'll have to do it again on Wednesday.

Looks like we'll be home a few days at the end of the week and then back up here on Monday to stay for a month.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh what I wouldn't give for diarrhea right now... You know what I'm talkin about, Willis.

    ReplyDelete