Monday, May 24, 2010

Now were was I at.....

Not sure what my last post was about or where I left off, so I'll just start rambling.
Here goes, from top to bottom-
I am having migraines for some odd reason now. Might just be meds or something off balance in my system. A few vicadin before bed head off the worst and during the day can usually get away with just Tylenol.
No mouth sores and my throat is much better. Foods are still tough to pick out, but it's getting better. My serving size for a meal right now is about 1/2 an english muffin.
I just have general aches and pains. Even buying a new pillow and a foam bed topper can only go so far on a hard as a rock hotel bed. I sleep a lot, some napping at the clinic then another nap when we get home. I have more awake time now then before but I still can feel my energy drain out of my body.
Kinda gross but...... going on 3 weeks of watery diarrhea here. I am ALWAYS close to a bathroom and carry spare pants and underpants in my bag. Just part of the GI system getting totally trashed by the chemo and fighting it's way back.
We are done doing iv's in the room. I am off all extra antibiotics and just have 3-4 types of meds to take a day. No more nosebleeds either!

Ended up with 2 blood transfusions and 6 days of platelets. I am so thankful that people donate, you really are saving lives.

If my numbers even out a bit I can have a day off from the clinic, hopeful but my counting on that. Not really sure when I'll be set free either. So much of this is a wait and see what your blood tells us everyday, just live in the moment.

I have gotten some of the neatest gifts in my gift cake! Lindy gave me some inspirational cards, that aren't too sappy, that i love. I realized that they really don't fit right now but will be the boost I need making this uphill journey to get healthy again. I am going to assume that the person that gave me hair bands is making a joke :) The music I have gotten Bryan has downloaded and put on my I-pod, nice to have something new to me. The note pads are well used, since I can't remember I write down all my questions and stuff I want from the store and even If I take a pill at night I write it down so Bryan can log it.

Ok... nap time again for me. If you have a chance check out my friend Pateeta's blog. She has a great way of telling ya like it is.
http://pateeta-shadesofblue.blogspot.com/
deb

1 comment:

  1. I love you Deb. I've just given my 2nd graduation speech for treatment. Soon, you will too. Email me your address! I need to send you stuff.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete