Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Back in the saddle again


We are back in Denver, ready for a month long stay. The first day of chemo wasn't so bad, but I know that that stuff is sneaky and will hit me later. We ended up getting a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite so it is nice to have a bit of breathing room.
So far I have-
gone grocery shopping and tried to guess what foods will actually taste good to me
gotten a bunch of new prescriptions for all the side effects
decided doctors need to have a class in personality and at least trying to act human

We also have a few emergency kits we got sent home with. Just in case I get a fever or infection we can treat it asap. I even have my own IV pole! makes it seem kinda serious, hopefully we never have to open or use any of that stuff. We have a temperature log and have to take my temp every 6 hours, food log and even a poo log that encourages the caregiver to use descriptive language... poor Bryan.


So I got a really wonderful and amazing gift over the weekend. It is called and Amish something or other, can't remember exactly so I'll call it and Amish circle of love. A group of friends created a giant cake type thing with each wedge of the cake a small package with a gift inside. There are 30 wedges, one for each day of my stay and a few extras that weren't wedge friendly. I still am completely overwhelmed and amazed.
Not sure who all contributed to it yet, but THANK YOU!!!!

photo.jpg

1 comment:

  1. When I went through my radiation - I couldn't eat some foods - like chocolate - of all things!!!! I lived on Cheerios, apples, oranges, and bananas - probably the most healthy eating I have ever done in my life. Go Figure.

    ReplyDelete