Monday, May 17, 2010

A week since transplant

what a week it's been. Today's aches and pains are getting better, just random and not so pleasant. I haven't gotten any mouth sores, but have gotten mucusitis in my throat which feels like really bad strep. My nose bleed had lasted for three day, hopeful that today's platelets are the golden ticket to stopping the bleeding. I am losing my hair again. I think that it is totally unfair to have to lose your hair 3 times. Soft toilet paper is my best friend right now..... I am never more then about 5 steps from a bathroom.

I am able to eat more then ice pops and juice bars again. Lots of soft, cold food and not much with texture.
ok... busy day is catching up with me so I better nap.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are (slightly) better. You're in my thoughts and prayers every day. How're you fixed for hats/scarves/wiggies? I've got quite the collection now!
    I emailed you my phone number- can't remember if you have it or not. When and if you feel up to it, you can call me. Anytime.
    Love you Deb- hang in there.
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you go through one of life’s darkest tests - Cancer Treatments, it is natural to at some point sit back and ask "why me." If this thought is voiced among loved ones, usually the somewhat uncomfortable response is "God doesn’t give us anymore than he knows we can handle." Which truly in so many ways is true, and is filled with the hope of both the responders, and inquisitor. It also tells me God has a lot more faith in me, than i do myself. But also to me it also carries the hint that you have cancer because you are special. But how special can you feel when you have spent way too many days with the cold linoleum floor in front of the commode as your pillow? Or how special can you feel when you have had every possible orifice, both natural and man made, on your body probed by someone with whom you have never been intimate. And still the unanswered question: "Why Me?" I am sorry, but I don’t know why. I don’t know why you, why me, why anyone. I do know though, We ARE Special. Special because who we are, and WE ARE NOT CANCER.

    Keep the faith Deb and remember - God doesn't give us any more than he knows we can handle, and he has all of the faith in the world.

    robin

    ReplyDelete