Wednesday, May 26, 2010

We're going to the zoo!

After being promised a day off for about a week now I finally get a no clinic day! My numbers are holding steady and I'm not sick as a dog constantly..... it's kinda a trial run of how I'd do on my own I think. There aren't many things to do when you have as many restrictions as I do. The zoo seems like a good choice, open air, I can stay away from groups of kids, and they even rent those motorized wheelchairs! Which is a blessing because I can walk about 20 steps before I am completely winded, and I will try my best not to run into any small children that are whining.

No definite word on when I can come home. I may be able to have the weekend off but that isn't set in stone. Still day by day here.


4 comments:

  1. We are going to stay away from the chimps. We saw the Chimp "victim" on the Today show this morning and don't need any of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Deb! I'm so happy you get to escape for a little while. I hope the weather there is perfect for you. Take a camera, and, please don't feed xanax to the chimps!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ZOO - one of my most favorite places in the world!! Hope you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  4. The motorized wheelchair and whinny kids - sounds like fun to me, the two definitely go together! ;)

    ReplyDelete